Thursday 9 January 2014

Cheap Film Tips

Recently I decided on a little project of my own, to get some cheap film for my old cameras to see which ones work and which ones work the best. As we all know, film and developing can be an expensive hobby!

I am starting this project with my Voigtländer Vitoret 35mm camera. If you would like any information on this camera please visit my previous blog post here.




So I had to shop around rather a lot for some cheap film, it isn't an easy search! 


First off I tried ebay, no such luck there. Although if you are looking for out of date film a cheap Lomography look ebay is your place to shop. 


I then tried Amazon, not such a bad site for film. I found some decent film by Kodak, 6 35mm ColorPlus 200 ASA with 24 exposures each for £14.95 but still was more expensive than I was looking for on a potentially failed experiment! You can find the product I found here.


Then I decided to look in the 99p store in my local town centre, no hope there! However, if you're willing to spend that extra 1p they do sell film in Poundland. VICTORY! £1 each for a roll of Vista Plus 200 Iso AGFA Photo with 36 exposures. 




So if you're not looking for expensive film to experiment and get used to your film cameras Poundland is the place to shop!

Happy shooting!
EGPhotography x

Instagram: Ladyteapott

No comments:

Post a Comment